The Port Royal Lutheran Church congregation began meeting for services in 1803 led by Zachariah Rice. They were initially held in a small church about two miles south of Port Royal. In 1854, a new Lutheran Church building was constructed on Market Street, Port Royal where it remains today. The building includes the Sanctuary; a social room with a connecting kitchen; and an educational wing which houses the Sunday School classrooms, a library, and administrative offices.
In 2012, an elevator was installed to ensure that all individuals would have easy access to all levels of the building. The church is located at 402 Market Street, Port Royal, Pennsylvania, 17082. Children’s and adult Sunday school classes are from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. each Sunday.